Saturday, December 29, 2012

You Fill Me Up


You fill me up
I never run dry
You brim my cup
With grace from on high

You pour out your love
And complete my heart
You descend like a dove
Holy Spirit You are

Saturated I flow
With living springs
Staying in Christ
I mount up with wings

The more that I do
Your will each day
Your love flows through
All I do and say

Deep from my heart
Streams a living cascade
The River of God
Through this vessel of clay

-- Charity, girl, age 14

After my daughter brought me her finished poem, I could see that it was very good, so I suggested some changes to it, which she incorporated into it.  I hope this poem blesses you.  Here is the Scriptural basis for it:

Now when all the people were baptized, Jesus was also baptized, and while He was praying, heaven was opened, and the Holy Spirit descended upon Him in bodily form like a dove, and a voice came out of heaven, "You are My beloved Son, in You I am well-pleased." (Luk 3:21-22)

"Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led around by the Spirit in the wilderness." (Luk 4:1)

"And do not get drunk with wine, for that is dissipation, but be filled with the Spirit," (Eph 5:18)

Now on the last day, the great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink. "He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, 'From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water.'"  (Joh 7:37-38)

"And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit was giving them utterance." (Act 2:4)

"And when they had prayed, the place where they had gathered together was shaken, and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak the word of God with boldness." (Act 4:31)

"And the disciples were continually filled with joy and with the Holy Spirit."  (Act 13:52)

"But being full of the Holy Spirit, [Stephen] gazed intently into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God;" (Act 7:55)

"For [Barnabas] was a good man, and full of the Holy Spirit and of faith. And considerable numbers were brought to the Lord." (Act 11:24)

Related article:
Filled Up to All the Fullness of God

More children's poems:
My Anchor

Attribution notice: Most Scripture quotations taken from the NASB.

Author's note The poems in this blog were written by my children, ages seven through fourteen. The "Why This Blog" post explains how the Lord inspired these poems in answer to a prayer during illness. Also see my blog called "Fullness." Poems on this site may be copied and used for non-commercial purposes, as long as proper credit and backlink to this blog is given.  No commercial use allowed without express permission from author.  I also recommend visiting my children's blog, A Brush with Life, where you will also find beautiful art they have drawn for the glory of God. You can access my complete blog directory at "Writing for the Master." Now I'd like to ask a very important question. 

Do You Want to Know Him?
If you want to know Jesus personally, you can. It all begins when you repent and believe in Jesus.  Do you know what God's Word, the Bible says?

“Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of God, and saying, ‘The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.’” (Mar 1:14b-15).  He preached that we must repent and believe.

Please see my explanation of this in my post called "Do You Want to Know Jesus?"
_________________________________________________

Len Lacroix is the founder of Doulos Missions International.  He was based in Eastern Europe for four years, making disciples, as well as helping leaders to be more effective at making disciples who multiply, developing leaders who multiply, with the ultimate goal of planting churches that multiply. His ministry is now based in the United States with the same goal of helping fulfill the Great Commission. www.dmiworld.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment