Monday, December 31, 2012

Under the Tree


Among fragrant flowers and trees,
I talk with my Father who sees.
Deep down in my heart,
If I’m set apart,
As I kneel in the grass on my knees.

Under the tree is a place
Where I meet my Lord face-to-face.
So good to be true
That He loves me, too;
He fills me with His love and grace.

Sometimes Jesus takes me away
To a glowing place without decay,
And says that because
The world He so loves,
He’ll take me here one bright day.

-- Charity, girl, age 14

Last night I explained to my daughter, Charity what a limerick is.  So this is her first try at writing a limerick.  I thought it was excellent.  Praise the Lord for the gift of poetry He's given her!

Scriptural Basis:
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life." (Joh 3:16)
 
 More children's poems:
Mirror of Christ Praise Him
Reward for the Overcomer
Don't Run from God
The Time is Near

Attribution notice: Most Scripture quotations taken from the NASB.

Author's note The poems in this blog were written by my children, ages seven through fourteen. The "Among the Lilies" painting © 2012 is by Danny Hahlbohm, all rights reserved by the artist. I also recommend visiting my children's blog, A Brush with Life, where you will also find beautiful art they have drawn for the glory of God. You can access my complete blog directory at "Writing for the Master." Now I'd like to ask a very important question.

Do You Want to Know Him?
If you want to know Jesus personally, you can. It all begins when you repent and believe in Jesus.  Do you know what God's Word, the Bible says?

“Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of God, and saying, ‘The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.’” (Mar 1:14b-15).  He preached that we must repent and believe.

Please see my explanation of this in my post called "Do You Want to Know Jesus?"
_________________________________________________

Len Lacroix is the founder of Doulos Missions International.  He was based in Eastern Europe for four years, making disciples, as well as helping leaders to be more effective at making disciples who multiply, developing leaders who multiply, with the ultimate goal of planting churches that multiply. His ministry is now based in the United States with the same goal of helping fulfill the Great Commission. www.dmiworld.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment