Thursday, December 20, 2012

Still the Same

Photo: Mt. Everest
Over all the centuries
Kingdoms rise and fall
But for eternity
You’re still the God of all

Yesterday and today
Your love is still the same
Your mercies never change
A glory that remains

Before the earth’s foundation
Before it all began
What a revelation
That you’re still the Great I AM

Charity Lacroix, girl, age 14

When my daughter brought this completed poem to me, I could see that it was very good.  I only suggested she add the word "Great" to the final line of the poem.  I hope you were blessed as I was by what the Lord gave her.  Here is the Scriptural basis for this poem:

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." (Heb 13:8, NASB)

"For I, the LORD, do not change; therefore you, O sons of Jacob, are not consumed." (Mal 3:6, NASB)

“In the beginning, O Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands. They will perish, but you remain; they will all wear out like a garment. You will roll them up like a robe; like a garment they will be changed. But you remain the same, and your years will never end." Hebrews 1:10-12 (NIV, 1984)

Then Moses said to God, "Behold, I am going to the sons of Israel, and I will say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you.' Now they may say to me, 'What is His name?' What shall I say to them?" God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM"; and He said, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'" God, furthermore, said to Moses, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, 'The LORD, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.' This is My name forever, and this is My memorial-name to all generations. (Exo 3:13-15, NASB)

"Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad." So the Jews said to Him, "You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?" Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I AM." Therefore they picked up stones to throw at Him, but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple. (Joh 8:56-59, NASB)


Attribution notice: Most Scripture quotations taken from the NASB. Most other Scriptures taken from The Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, unless otherwise noted.


Author's note The poems in this blog were written by my children, ages seven through fourteen. The "Why This Blog" post explains how the Lord brought these poems about in answer to a prayer during illness. You can access my complete blog directory at "Writing for the Master." Poems on this site may be copied and used for non-commercial purposes, as long as proper credit and backlink to this blog is given.  No commercial use allowed without express permission from author.  I also recommend visiting my children's blog, A Brush with Life, where you will also find beautiful art they have drawn for the glory of God. Now I'd like to ask a very important question<.

Do You Want to Know Him?
If you want to know Jesus personally, you can. It all begins when you repent and believe in Jesus.  Do you know what God's Word, the Bible says?

“Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of God, and saying, ‘The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.’” (Mar 1:14b-15).  He preached that we must repent and believe.

Please see my explanation of this in my post called "Do You Want to Know Jesus?"
_________________________________________________

Len Lacroix is the founder of Doulos Missions International.  He was based in Eastern Europe for four years, making disciples, as well as helping leaders to be more effective at making disciples who multiply, developing leaders who multiply, with the ultimate goal of planting churches that multiply. His ministry is now based in the United States with the same goal of helping fulfill the Great Commission. www.dmiworld.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment