Monday, December 3, 2012

Reward of the Overcomer

 For those who overcome
This is what they will become
A son of the Holy One
Whom He will never shun

To him will be given a white stone
With a name on it to him only known
From the book of life will his name God never blot
The second death will harm him not

Like a star he will be dressed in white
And will be, oh, so bright!
On him will be written the name of God and his city
That is beyond pretty

He will rule with an iron rod
For this will be granted by God
And he will be given the right
To sit with the Lord on His throne of might

Some of the hidden manna will be given to him
Because he did not give in to sin;
In the temple of God he'll be made a pillar pure;
Of this you can be sure

To him will be given the right to eat of the tree of life
That is in Paradise
Oh, won’t it be nice!
Yes, he will inherit all this
In heavenly bliss

-- by Hope Lacroix, age 12

'He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will grant to eat of the tree of life which is in the Paradise of God.' (Rev 2:7, NASB)

'He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes will not be hurt by the second death.' (Rev 2:11)

'He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, to him I will give some of the hidden manna, and I will give him a white stone, and a new name written on the stone which no one knows but he who receives it.' (Rev 2:17, NASB)

'He who overcomes, and he who keeps My deeds until the end, to him I will give authority over the nations; and he shall rule them with a rod of iron, as the vessels of the potter are broken to pieces, as I also have received authority from My Father; and I will give him the morning star. 'He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.'  (Rev 2:26-29, NASB)

'He who overcomes will thus be clothed in white garments; and I will not erase his name from the book of life, and I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels. (Rev 3:5)

'He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he will not go out from it anymore; and I will write on him the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God, and My new name. (Rev 3:12)

'He who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit down with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne. (Rev 3:21)

"He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son. (Rev 21:7)

Then I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying, "Now the salvation, and the power, and the kingdom of our God and the authority of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren has been thrown down, he who accuses them before our God day and night. "And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony, and they did not love their life even when faced with death. (Rev 12:10-11)

Related Articles:
Overcoming the World
Overcomers in This Life

More devotional blogs by our daughter, Hope Lacroix at "Words of Hope."

More of our children's poems:
Perfect for the King
Saved Through Sacrifice
Praise Him
Don't Run from God
Make Your Bride Ready
The Time is Near
Preparation

Attribution notice: Most Scripture quotations taken from the NASB.

Author's note The poems in this blog were written by my children, ages seven through fourteen. I made some minor edits to this particular one for smoother flow. Welcome Home painting © 2012 Danny Hahlbohm, all rights reserved by the artist. You may visit the Danny Hahlbohm Gallery.  The "Why This Blog" post explains how the Lord brought these poems about in answer to a prayer during illness. I also recommend visiting my children's blog, A Brush with Life, where you will also find beautiful art they have drawn for the glory of God. You can access my complete blog directory at "Writing for the Master." Now I'd like to ask a very important question.

Do You Want to Know Him?
If you want to know Jesus personally, you can. It all begins when you repent and believe in Jesus.  Do you know what God's Word, the Bible says?

“Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of God, and saying, ‘The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.’” (Mar 1:14b-15).  He preached that we must repent and believe.

Please see my explanation of this in my post called "Do You Want to Know Jesus?"
_________________________________________________

Len Lacroix is the founder of Doulos Missions International.  He was based in Eastern Europe for four years, making disciples, as well as helping leaders to be more effective at making disciples who multiply, developing leaders who multiply, with the ultimate goal of planting churches that multiply. His ministry is now based in the United States with the same goal of helping fulfill the Great Commission. www.dmiworld.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment