Thursday, December 27, 2012

Mirror of Christ


 Make me a mirror
Of your awesome love.
Give me the tears
Of my God above.

Set me apart
With Christ as my King.
Shine through my heart
Remove the bad things.

But before I reflect
The glory of God,
You must perfect
My heart with the rod.

Dead to myself,
I want all of Christ.
I’ll store heaven’s wealth,
By a true, holy life.

Once this is done,
And I’m pure through and through,
Oh, holiest One
I’ll reflect you.

-- Charity, girl, age 14

But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit. (2Co 3:18) If you look closely at the photo above, you can see a woman looking at her own image in the mirror, and the face of Christ is also being reflected back, as well.  It expresses the idea that my daughter is trying to convey with her poem, as does the excerpt below.

"Amy Carmichael, took a group of children to see a traditional goldsmith at work in India. In the middle of a charcoal fire was a curved roof tile. On the tile was a mixture of salt, tamarind fruit, and brick dust, and embedded in this mixture was the gold. As the fire devoured the mixture, the gold became purer. The goldsmith took the gold out with tongs, and if it was not pure enough, replaced it in the fire with new mixture. But each time it was replaced, the heat was made hotter than before. The group asked him, 'How do you know when the gold is pure?' He replied, 'When I can see my face in it.'” (Amy Carmichael, Learning Of God, (London: SPCK, 1983), 50.)

Amy had it right, as the Scripture says, "He will sit as a smelter and purifier of silver, and He will purify the sons of Levi and refine them like gold and silver, so that they may present to the LORD offerings in righteousness. (Mal 3:3)


Attribution notice: Most Scripture quotations taken from the NASB.

Author's note The poems in this blog were written by my children, ages seven through fourteen. The "Why This Blog" post explains how the Lord inspired these poems in answer to a prayer during illness. Poems on this site may be copied and used for non-commercial purposes, as long as proper credit and backlink to this blog is given.  No commercial use allowed without express permission from author.  I also recommend visiting my children's blog, A Brush with Life, where you will also find beautiful art they have drawn for the glory of God. You can access my complete blog directory at "Writing for the Master." Now I'd like to ask a very important question.

Do You Want to Know Him?
If you want to know Jesus personally, you can. It all begins when you repent and believe in Jesus.  Do you know what God's Word, the Bible says?

“Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of God, and saying, ‘The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.’” (Mar 1:14b-15).  He preached that we must repent and believe.

Please see my explanation of this in my post called "Do You Want to Know Jesus?"
_________________________________________________

Len Lacroix is the founder of Doulos Missions International.  He was based in Eastern Europe for four years, making disciples, as well as helping leaders to be more effective at making disciples who multiply, developing leaders who multiply, with the ultimate goal of planting churches that multiply. His ministry is now based in the United States with the same goal of helping fulfill the Great Commission. www.dmiworld.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment